Monday, July 29, 2013

An Omen From the Automotive Cosmos, Then, An Auction Find! Behold the Ancient Automotive Tome!

Here's a Grabber Blue Mustang GT...


Pretty, eh?


Of course, we've already discussed the new 5.0 Mustang in a previous post.  I'm including this one it today's post because this Mustang was a harbinger of good things to come for me.

About a week or two ago, I was at an auction in Mason City, IA.  When I pulled into the parking lot, this little beauty caught my eye right away (I know, with a paint job like that, how could you not notice it, right?).  It's not quite the same as seeing unicorns, leprechauns, and rainbows, but I took the sight of this stunning little drop-top as a sign, and I knew then that it would be a good day.  I was right, too.  You see, I found myself a little treasure at the auction, and best of all, I was able to get it for $4!

BEHOLD!


That's an old foreign car collision repair manual.  I have a small collection of old car literature and magazines, so this was right up my alley.  It's fantastic because it features pull-apart/exploded diagrams of just about every little bit and piece of a whole bunch of vintage foreign cars that fill the pages of this over 4" thick tome.  From here on out, if I encounter a car that is in this book, I'm going to feature it and a couple images of it from inside the book.  So, no new featured car today, as this is the intro of my fabulous dog-eared auction treasure, but tomorrow...  well, you'll just have to wait.  In the meantime, here are some cars from the book that I've already profiled.

  
Remember this MGA?  I've got a chapter on that, and here's the intro page of it.



...Or how about that Porsche 356?


Got a chapter on that, too!



...And of course, my dear, little MGB-GT


Here's its chapter.


This book is amazing!  Of course, I'm willing to share, so if any of my readers have a vintage foreign car and would like to take a gander at the chapters pertaining to their particular vehicle, drop me a comment and I'll check to see if it's in my book.  If I can find it, we'll see if I can scan some pages for ya'.  Gotta share the love, you know.  In the meanwhile, keep your eyes peeled for omens from the automotive cosmos.  Remember that a Grabber Blue Mustang is a herald of good fortune.  I hope you all see one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment