Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ford Thunderbird: Original post date 2/25/2013
 
 
Today's car sighting comes from the Target parking lot, where some lucky soul has taken their Thunderbird out to run errands. I always thought that the failure of these vehicles to sell well was due to a lack of engine choice. They all only came with a V8, which not only put the price point up high, but also increased the cost of ownership. Nobody I've seen or known who has one of the retro birds is looking to burn up any race tracks or drag race muscle cars. They buy these for fun and relaxing cruising, for which a decently tuned and powered 6 cylinder engine would have been a perfect fit and, if offered, I'm sure would have been a popular option. But, to any of you with an eye for value speculation who are looking to populate an airplane hangar or barn with a car collection, I suggest you swoop down and snatch one of these beauties before they start to shoot up in cost. Colors to pursue would, on my opinion, be powder blue and light yellow. Find a tire rack that will fit these birds with white walls, and you'll have a sweet looking summer cruiser.

Originally, I was going to post a picture of an old chevy S-10 pickup that was tottering around with an owner applied decal across the tailgate reading "Sloppy Joe". Alas, I don't photograph while in motion unless I'm on a straightaway and there's very little traffic around me, so the elusive Sloppy Joe escaped my lens. I have, however, recently purchased one of those little action cams that I can mount on my dash, so perhaps once that's installed, I'll once again encounter Sloppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment